Saturday, November 10, 2012

See You Later, Alligator! After Awhile, Crocodile!

My Granny Pat turned 91 last weekend!  Wow!  I am thankful for her life and the many ways she has served her family and others over her lifetime.  She was a mother and a nurse and worked late, long hours to meet the needs of her children and her patients.  If I had to guess, I would say her primary way of showing love is performing acts of service.  Of course, at 91 that gets a bit more difficult but I still see it happening.  She lives in a adorable little barn house behind my parents.  This past year while we have been in Gatesville, she has been loving me with encouragement.  Each time I see her, she reminds me that she is proud of me and my little family.  I see love shining from her eyes when she looks at me, my husband or my boys. 

DSC02557

We celebrated her birthday this past weekend with a family gathering at Hay Valley Baptist Church.  This is the little country church that my mom grew up in…although the outhouses are gone, it still has an outdoor tabernacle!  It also now boasts a really fun playground and large kitchen/gathering area, making it an ideal place for a large family get together. 

We had a birthday/thanksgiving/going away party which equaled lots of delicious food, homemade from scratch cakes baked by my Uncle Doug, and lots of family! 

DSC02563

I am thankful for a large family of faith that will rally around us and cover us in prayer and encouragement.  I am also thankful that when my family prays, I know that voices and hearts of all ages (toddlers, children, teens, adults, elderly) will be joining in.  What a sweet legacy my Grandmothers carry.

Here is an overview:

DSC02555DSC02556DSC02558DSC02559DSC02560DSC02561DSC02564DSC02566DSC02568DSC02569DSC02573DSC02574DSC02575

No comments:

Post a Comment