Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Haiti Thanksgiving!

Our team loaded up and drove a couple hours yesterday evening to the mountains in Haiti to stay at another missionary’s house.  They have welcomed in our team over the past couple years and we are so blessed to have been able to join them for a thanksgiving holiday!  They have been living in Haiti for 30 years and their house feels like home.

So far being here has made me thankful for the following things:

electricity, running water, napkins, wi-fi, warm showers, cool weather (a welcome relief from the heat/humidity of Leogane near the ocean), Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, comfy beds, Christmas décor, an AMAZING traditional thanksgiving meal that required no prep or clean up on my part, football, fabulous team mates, feeling like you have family and a home away from home.  It has been a true holiday.  I don’t feel like I’m in Haiti.

Here are a few pictures of our time here so far:

DSC02813

DSC02814

Playing with teammates!  The boys new besties!

DSC02816

DSC02820

The parade!  Never thought we would see this in Haiti!

DSC02822

DSC02823

DSC02824

DSC02827

The Trimble’s made us an amazing dinner with 2 turkeys.  1 roasted, 1 smoked. Yum. Yum. Yum.

DSC02832

Kid Table

DSC02833

Ready for our feast!

DSC02840

Movie time with the kiddos.

DSC02844

A little friend that made his way into our room tonight.  Our fearless leader, Jason, killed it for me.  This is the one thing about this holiday that I am NOT thankful for:  centipedes.  Yuk.  This does make me feel like I’m in Haiti. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it! You guys are awesome. We are praying for your transition!

    ReplyDelete